Frequently Asked Questions
How do I apply for a loan?
Simply fill in the form on our site or call us at 086-111-2866, give us as much information as possible about the asset you want to use as collateral and we’ll make an initial indication of what loan we can offer you. If you’re happy to proceed, we’ll ask you to meet us so we can appraise the asset and work out the details of a custom loan agreement. Once we’ve concluded a contract, we’ll advance your money straight away.
What types of assets does Lamna accept as collateral for a loan?
- Artwork and antiques
- Jewellery, gold and diamonds
- Luxury watches
- Other: If you have valuables that don’t fit in the categories above, you may still qualify for a loan – give us as much information as you can and we’ll do our best to assist.
What assets does Lamna NOT accept as collateral?
We can’t accept any assets that haven’t been fully paid off or that you don’t personally own.
In addition, we don’t accept:
- Real estate or property deeds
- Financial instruments like stocks and bonds
- Electronic devices and equipment
How much can I borrow?
The amount you can borrow depends on the nature and value of the assets you supply as collateral. Expert appraisers will assess the assets and their market value, and we’ll offer you a loan value based on their findings.
In the first five months of its operation alone, Lamna lent clients a total of R5 million.